Please fill out the parental waiver forms, and the camper sign in sheet. Directors must take a picture of each one and send via text (407) 791-3018 or email to Jose Diaz at email@example.com by 12/5/2019 and bring original to the campsite.
Registration will be closing Thursday December 5. Please note that there will NOT be onsite Registration.
form RELEASE YOUTH
form RELEASE-WAIVER letter size
Come and enjoy a weekend in nature canoeing, worshiping, hiking, and camping.
Join us as we Canoe down the Peace River in Arcadia, Florida.
It will be 35.00 per person.
Please print the youth release form and have the parent or legal guardian sign it.
Directors will bring it with them and turn in to Jose.
We will meet at the following address:
2816 NW County Rd 661
Arcadia, FL. 34266
We will paddle about 8 miles on Saturday, and about 4 miles on Sunday.
$7 per bundle or $25 for 4 bundles at Check-in (staff loads on trailer) or $8.00 per bundle (minimum two) delivered to Oak Hill after trailer delivery.
Ice (10 lb. bag)
$3.00 per bag at check-in or $4.00 per bag (minimum two bags) delivered to Oak Hill after trailer delivery.
- Oak Hill is for the exclusive use of registered Canoe Outpost-Peace River customers. If you arrive at an as- signed campsite and someone else is there, call the Outpost at 800-268-0083 or 863-494-1215. Any ves- sels other than Canoe Outpost-Peace River vessels are to leave. Do not take someone else’s campsite. Campsites are assigned by group size, by specific request, and/or reservation date. Sometimes Canoe Out- post-Peace River day-trippers will be picnicking but they leave in just a little while. Camping gear, if being delivered, will be there shortly or already there upon your arrival.
- Do not cut on or cut down live trees or shrubs. Use only dead wood. Bring wood from home or buy some from the Outpost. Whoever fills out the CCA form will be charged for the cutting down of green trees and shrubs. No chainsaws allowed.
- No Generators of any kind are allowed. Anything that runs on gasoline is not allowed.
- No guns of any kind including paintball, bb, or pellet guns. No slingshots or bow and arrows of any sort. No
fireworks. There are beautiful wild animals here and we want them to stay.
- Do not trespass on private property. Do not go across the river (east side) and go up the bank. Stay on the
west side, on Outpost property. There are neighbors across the river.
- Use existing fire pits; please do not start new ones. Fire pits cause the ground to die, become sterile and
grass does not come back for years. Be careful with fires especially in grassy areas. Make sure your fire is
completely put out before leaving.
- If you move a picnic table onto the beach please put it back in the campsite for the next camper. Do not take
a table from another campsite unless o.k. with main office. Every campsite gets a least one table. Don’t be rude and short other campers. If you need additional tables, they can be rented. If you take tables from oth- er campsites, you will be charged $25 each plus tax.
- Be courteous to fellow campers, you may not see them but they can hear you. Please keep the music and party noise down. 10:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m. is quiet time. The sheriff can be and will be called to stop loud noise. Be courteous to fellow campers and do not walk through their campsite.
- One portable toilet is located at the Bluff south of the lagoon. Another portable toilet is on the service trail behind Loan Palm and Last Chance. Portable toilet #3 across the Lagoon up on the Ridge. And the 4th port- able toilet is located near “Over the Hill” & “Damifino”, behind Peace Point Uno and Cypress Point. Private portable toilets can be rented.
- If you bring a portable “camp toilet” do not throw your bags of waste into the woods or in the porta- ble toilets. You must be prepared to dispose of the bags of waste. You will be fined for leaving bags of waste.
- Be courteous to fellow campers and burn, bury, or bring toilet paper out if you don’t use the portable toilets. See the “wee-wee in the woods” attached to your map. Feminine hygiene products and bags of human waste do not biodegrade. The animals will tear into them if left behind. They must be brought out. Be kind to Mother Nature and don’t leave white “calling cards” i.e. piles of toilet paper everywhere.
- Bring back all trash unless instructed otherwise. If camping gear is in a bus, place bagged trash by the front door of bus. If will be put on the bus or in the back of a truck or trailer. If your trailer is full of camping gear, leave the bagged trash next to it and staff will pick it up. All trash is to be picked up at and around campsite by campers. A service fee will be charged for any campsite cleanup.
- All campers including outfitted canoes set up their own camp and take down their own camp. Please repack the equipment back into the container and original bags if possible if using Outpost equipment.
- If there is an emergency, call 911. The DeSoto County Sheriff’s Office will contact staff and work with staff resolving any emergency situations. During the day call 863-494-1215 or 800-268-0083 to reach the Out- post office.
- Camping at Oak Hill is a privilege. If the above rules are not followed, you will be banned from the area and Canoe Outpost-Peace River.
- NO GLASS!!!! Please leave all glass bottles and containers at home.