Don't miss the opportunity to find out exactly how to put yourself in your sister's shoes, as well as shopping at the "Marvelous Marketplace, participating in the Silly Shoe Contest and finding new ways to minister at the "Ministry Faire". An exciting life-changing weekend - come and be a part of it.
The Silly Shoe Contest
The Banquet on Saturday night is “All About Shoes”. There isn’t a specific dress code, but your couture should match the shoes you wear.
After a delicious dinner, you will be invited to take part in “The Silly Shoe Contest” The tablemates at each of the tables in the cafeteria, will study the shoes of each of the ladies at their table and select the two best (Silly, Beautiful, Ugly or Creative) pairs of shoes to represent the table in the judged contest. When called, the representatives will make their way to the front and parade across the runway, modeling their footwear. We have a panel of distinguished judges to award prizes for each of the categories.
So get busy shopping, or embellishing or scruffing up the winning pair of shoes for the 2017 Retreats “Silly Shoe Contest”.
“The Marvelous Marketplace”
Saturday Night you can showcase your talents and skills in arts, crafts, and culinary skills. This will be an evening of browsing, shopping and mingling, giving those who choose to be vendors in the Marketplace, a high degree of exposure and a great opportunity to share your talents with the ladies that attend. “The Marvelous Marketplace” will be held in the Gymnasium.
Suggestions for mechandise
- Handmade items: Knitted, Crocheted, Cross-stitched, Needlepoint, Quilting, Paper crafts, Beadwork items (Bookmarks, Sweater clips, etc.)
- Service offerings: Massage therapy (back, neck and shoulder mini-massages), estheticians (mini-facials).
- Culinary items: Cookies, Cupcakes, Breads, Rolls, etc. Floral arrangements, Sewn items (quilts, scarves, jackets), etc. etc.
- Music CDs must be handled through the ABC.
- Absolutely NO Flea Market items or prepackaged items for resale.
- Fee: $10.00 without power and $15.00 with power.
- Deadline for reservation: English – November 30, 2016 Spanish – December 31. 2016
- Send reservation request and fee by check.
- Make check payable to Florida Conference. On the outside of the envelope mark it: Attention: Women’s Ministries.
- Include your name, address, phone number and email address and a description of items you will be selling.
- Specify the weekend you’ll be attending.
- You will receive a letter of acceptance or denial in the middle of January.
- Your table must be manned at all times during the Marketplace hours.
- You are responsible for your own food and housing as a retreat attendee
Come and share your talents with the ladies who attend.
Carolann De Leon